Have you ever passed on entering a contest because you thought you would never win? The truth is, most people feel that way, which actually increases your chances of winning big!
Aside from obviously entering the contest, here are some tips on how to raise your odds of winning contests…
- Enter as many contests as possible- You can not win, if you do not enter! The more you get your name out there, the better your chances of getting something free, so if a prize appeals to you (or if you could use it as a gift for a friend or family member), enter!
- Enter as often as allowed-If you are able to enter daily, weekly or monthly, take them up on it! Often people will enter only once or twice, and will either count that as enough, or just forget to go back! The chances of your name being drawn as the potential winner will be significantly higher if you enter regularly.
- Answer skill testing questions correctly-There’s no point in entering if you don’t have the right answer, so take your time and double-check the accuracy of your answer before sending in your entry. If it is wrong, your entry will be automatically removed from the running!
- Enter contests that offer multiple prizes to multiple winners-The more prizes offered the better your odds of winning, so look for contests with “first, second, and third” type award systems!
- Follow all requirements to claim your prize-Follow through on claiming your prize by required deadlines, and sign all required paperwork. If you missed something you may lose your prize, so act quickly and again, double-check before you submit it!
- The more difficult the entry, the less competition you will have-Not many people will take the time to enter a contest with several steps involved, so this gives you a better chance at winning! If you’re willing to put in that extra effort that most wont, it will pay off in the end!
- Make sure you qualify!-Lastly, but probably the most important, make sure you qualify to enter! Entering contests that are “Only open to US residents” when you live in Canada, or “Not available to Quebec residents” when you live in Montreal, is just wasting time that you could be entering one’s you do qualify for! So be sure to check out the fine print before investing that time.
Many people worry about getting lots of advertisements sent to their inbox since most contest entries ask you for an email address. This can be avoided by simply opening up an email account specifically for contests so you can keep it all in one place, just be sure to check it regularly for those winner announcements!
By following these tips I have been able to win tons of great prizes including some biggies such as
- a year’s supply of paper towel
- a BlackBerry play book
- a $600 weekend getaway for 2
- and MORE!
Check out the SBLB Complete Canadian Contest Listing to try your luck and let us know if you win!
Image courtesy of Cheapskate4Life.com